Translate

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Count Down to FLC: Season 4 - 5 Days to Go



Behind the Scenes
9: 56 a.m. My cell phone rang for the nth time. I cringed as the SLU Office number appeared on the screen. The list of things I needed to get done for the day flashed in my mind as I grabbed my phone hoping the call wasn’t regarding a hiccup. Hiccups are many when organizing a conference of this magnitude and during the weeks leading up to the conference I had conditioned my mind to be prepared for them. As the stress levels began to rise and anticipation for the conference created a near frenzy at the SLU office, I forced myself to take a step back and look at the bigger picture.

As I stepped back I had two important realizations. The first was that my contribution to this great movement was like a small jigsaw puzzle piece in a 5000 piece jigsaw. My contribution was minute, almost insignificant but without that contribution the picture was incomplete. As I began to reflect on the FLC team I realized the only reason the conference was coming through was because of the individuals who worked tirelessly, making their worthy contribution.

The second realization was that the cause was worth every bit of the blood, sweat and tears that the FLC team was putting in. Our goal is to bring youth of differing backgrounds together and teach them to communicate with each other, to empower and enable them to work together towards a united Sri Lanka. Bringing true reconciliation to our nation through new relationships based on apology, forgiveness and trust is worth the cost.

To the FLC Team I want to say THANK YOU. Thank you for each of your worthy contribution, thank you for not losing sight of the great goal we strive for. 

No comments:

Post a Comment